Presented by the San Diego Superior Court & Kathy’s Legacy foundation
- Superior Court Judges Dwayne K. Moring and Margo Lewis will explain the “ins and outs” of obtaining temporary domestic violence restraining orders and permanent restraining orders. They will review the law, the evidence that the court needs to grant restraining orders, and the legal protections that arise from the orders.
- Dr. Lori Love will explain the psychological components of domestic violence and the steps family members and friends can take to help protect victims.
- Christine Pangan, Legal Aid Society of San Diego Staff Attorney, will detail how the Legal Clinic assists restraining order applicants with submitting the required court filings.
- See a video presentation on how to obtain a restraining order.
- A Question and Answer Session will follow the presentations.