Presented by the San Diego Superior Court & Kathy’s Legacy foundation
- Superior Court Judges Dwayne K. Moring and Margo Lewis will explain the “ins and outs” of obtaining temporary domestic violence restraining orders and permanent restraining orders. They will review the law, the evidence that the court needs to grant restraining orders, and the legal protections that arise from the orders.
- Dr. Lori Love will explain the psychological components of domestic violence and the steps family members and friends can take to help protect victims.
- Christine Pangan, Legal Aid Society of San Diego Staff Attorney, will detail how the Legal Clinic assists restraining order applicants with submitting the required court filings.
- See a video presentation on how to obtain a restraining order.
- A Question and Answer Session will follow the presentations.
Kathy's Legacy Foundation in partnership with American Family Martial Arts is pleased to host a FREE self-defense seminar. Space is limited, RSVP required. Sign up at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/free-self-defense-seminar-at-american-family-martial-arts-tickets-15347761568
Things to know:
- Wear workout clothes
- No jewelry
- Bring water
- Limited space availability
- Must be age 15 or older to participate
If you are unable to attend, please cancel by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join Kathy's Legacy Foundation at the Pavilion at the San Diego Yacht Club at 6pm for our first formal event and fundraiser, featuring the Coronado Big Band, A Swing Orchestra
Our keynote speaker will be San Diego District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis, who will address the importance of providing support for surviving children of domestic violence. Additionally, Madison Scharbarth, daughter of Kathy Scharbarth, will speak on behalf of the surviving children.
$60 per person. Ticket price will include heavy hors d'oeuvres, beer and wine, and live entertainment.
RSVP by September 26th, 2014.
Join Kathy's Legacy Foundation at the ballpark for the Padres' August 2nd (Saturday) game against the Atlanta Braves. Aside from supporting a great cause, it's also floppy hat giveaway at the game. First pitch is at 5:40pm.
Group seating is limited. To purchase your ticket(s), click here.